Passive Fire Protection
Fire Rated Expanding Foam
Fireus Fire Rated Expanding Foam is a polyurethane based product which sets into its elastic form by using moisture present in the atmosphere. It is suitable for filling gaps around window and door frames, backfilling around service penetrations and filling irregular or awkward gaps. Pyroplex® Fire Rated Expanding Foam expands up to 40 times its original volume.
Fireus Fire Rated Expanding Foam is fire rated up to 2 hours and offers excellent adhesion to many common building substrates and once cured the foam can be cut, sawn, painted or plastered over.
Fireus Fire Rated Expanding Foam is tested to BS476 Part 20:1987 and other International Standards.
- Filling gaps around door and window frames.
- Backfilling around service penetrations.
- Filling irregular or awkward gaps where the foam will expand to completely fill the cavity/void.
- Fire rating up to 2 hours.
- Excellent adhesion to many common building substrates.
- Once cured the foam can be cut, sawn, painted or plastered over.
- Expands up to 40 times its original volume.
- Coloured pink to identify as a fire rated product.
Tested to BS476 Part 20:1987 and other International Standards.
Health and Safety
According to 91/155/EEC Revision No.1.
Not generally suitable for transport by air.
The expanding foam is fire rated - it is NOT intumescent. Maximum gap width 40mm.