Passive Fire Protection
Fire Rated Switch / Socket Covers
- Maintains the fire protection performance of the wall- preventing or delaying the spread of fire for up to 120 minutes.
- Prevents or delays fire from entering a wall cavity and attacking the building structure.
- Cover even works when fitted back-to-back in uninsulated walls.
- Provides an effective acoustic barrier to both impact and airborne sounds.
- Covers fit in seconds.
- The covers are pre-formed to fit the boxes.
- Simple and fast mechanical fixing, no adhesives, no mess.
- Can be fitted in dusty conditions.
- Can be retro fitted to existing sockets / switches or fitted during wall construction.
- Covers can be stapled in position if fitted during wall construction.
- Replaces time consuming plasterboard lining of sockets / switches.
- The switch / socket box can be removed without disturbing or replacing the cover.
- No additional screws, drilling or support required- saves money.
- Covers available to fit both single & double boxes.
Fireus switch/socket covers have been fire tested to BS 476 part 20 in an uninsulated plasterboard wall construction for 120 minutes without failure in either insulation or integrity.
Test number - Chilt/IF07001 & Chilt/IF07015
The material has been independently acoustically tested by Sound Research Laboratories to both BS EN150 140-3:1995 and BS2750 part 3 1995.
Test number - C-97-5L-7295-2
The Socket/Switch Box Covers are designed to fit all common single and double boxes.
In a wall with two layers of plasterboard on each face, the ends of the fixing wires can be pushed between the plasterboard layers.