Passive Fire Protection
Fire Rated Switch / Socket Putty Pads
Safire® Socket/Switch Box Putty Pads are an easy to apply fire and sound rated sealant supplied as a non-setting putty. The pad is hand workable, reusable and reserviceable due to its non-setting properties.
- Providing up to 120 minutes fire resistance in accordance with BS476 part 22
- Excellent Acoustic Properties
- Can be easily installed on first or second fix
Safire® Socket/Switch Box Protection Pads will prevent the passage of smoke, flames, sound and air movement through the electrical socket. They are shaped for use on both single and double electrical sockets installations in dry lining walls.
The pads are supplied in a cross shape for internal installation in a socket or switch box.
For fire resistance only, the Socket/Switch Box Protection Pad achieves full fire performance without additional insulation between the studs.
Internal Cross Shape
Double Box: 230mm x 170mm approx.
Single Box: 170mm x 170mm approx.
- 67 (-2;-7) Rw (C;Ctr) (dB)
- Tested in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-3:1995
- Calculated in accordance with BS EN ISO 717-1:1997
Tested in accordance with:
BS EN 1364-1:1999
BS EN 1366-3:2004
Up to 120 minutes fire resistance in 100mm and 130mm gypsum board drywalls*
* A full approval of the product is contained in Certifire Certificate of Approval No. CF831