Passive Fire Protection
Timber Fire Slab
Use to upgrade the fire resistance of timber floors to 90 minutes integrity and insulation. Can be used with plaster and lath ceilings or where access is not possible from the soffit face.
- Providing up to 90 minutes fire resistance - in accordance with BS476 part 22
- 1200 x 600mm size to cover most situations
- Very lightweight
- Fast and easy to install
- Dry system - will not damage lath & plaster ceilings or delicate mouldings
- Lift floorboards and clear any remaining pugging and dust from the floor/ceiling void.
- Apply a bead of Fireus Intumescent Mastic to the side of each joist.
- Cut the Fire Slab (along the 1200mm side) to fit the measured gap between the joists.
- Place in position at 45º between joists and ease the slab into a snug fit using a board to spread the load.
- When fixed in position, apply a 5mm bead of Fireus Intumescent Mastic all around the seal on the butt joints.
STANDARDS & APPROVALS
Safire® Fire Slab has been tested and assessed in accordance with BS 476: Part 22 1987 and has achieved 90 minutes for both integrity and insulation as detailed in BRE 233314 22/03/07.